Thursday, May 6, 2010

May 4, 2010

Zoe is finally here!


The Birth Story:


We went to see the doctor on Monday the 3rd and I was still dilated to a 1, but it looked more promising for me to have an easier labor. The doctor wanted us to go in that night and get all set up for the delivery in the morning. We rested and then at 3 am the pitocin was started. I started feeling contractions around 6 am and then my water was broke about 8:45. By 9 or so I could feel some pretty painful contractions and got the epidural. It was so nice to have after a 30 hour pain with Ava to only have a really bad 30 minutes was awesome!
I was so tired for some reason and slept most of the morning. At 2pm the nurse checked me and I was at a 6. Thirty minutes later she came back and I was ready to push. The doctor got to the room around 2:40 and got set up. 8 minutes later at 2:51 Zoe was born. She weighed in at 8 lbs 6 oz and 19 inches long. She has thick dark hair and an adorable button nose. She is almost identical to Ava, but they do have their own features and I'm sure in the next few weeks it will show more.
We are so lucky to have two beautiful healthy girls. It has been an adjustment to having two kids, but we are sure up to the challenge and are loving every moment of it.









6 comments:

Jenna said...

Shannon and David CONGRATULATIONS! Ava is getting so big, and Zoe is beautiful! It is so fun to have two girls together, I am sure you love it already. I am so glad to hear that everything went well.

We love you guys and miss you!

Shannon said...

Your labor/birth story sounds awesome!! I'm glad everything went well and you are now home with your two beautiful girls. Your family looks sooo happy!! Congrats!

Meredith Williams said...

YAY!! Wow! I'm glad the labor part seemed a little bit easier and faster with Zoe. You and your family looks great! So excited for you.

Cavan, Sarah, KaeLynn said...

Congrats you guys! I am so excited for this new addition to your family! Thank you for the sharing with us!

Richard and Allison said...

Hey congrats. She is so beautiful and I can't believe how big ava has gotten

Michelle said...

Congrats to you guys! I love Ava's "Big Sister" T-shirt. Very cute! Drew says congrats too!

Blog Background