Monday, January 5, 2009

Ava's trip to the hospital

Well little Ava was throwing up this past weekend starting with at Church. She got it all over the floor and then decided to dress daddy up with it too. It continued through the weekend and I felt that she needed to go into the doctors today. I had my mom take her in and they diagnosed her with Gastroenteritis. Its an inflammation of the intestines. They told us that if she didn't have a wet diaper by 3 that she needed to go into the hospital.

As 3 o'clock rolled on through there was still no sign of urine and so we made our way to the hospital. We got right in and they took her back and tried to get an IV going but her veins were too small to find them. They concluded that she was a moderate severity of dehydration and just gave her oral hydration, but David and I have to get her up every 2 hours and give her enfalyte. She is already doing much better, but it was very hard watching them pin her down to a hospital bed and take blood from her little body.



5 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh my gosh!! How scary! Poor sweet Ava. Is she doing better now? Is the gastroenteritis here to stay or was just a passing thing? I hope she feels better soon!!

Cavan, Sarah, KaeLynn said...

Oh how sad! I hope she feels better now! She looked so sweet in her hospital gown. I just want to pick her up and love her! Keep me posted!

Joy Schmidt said...

Oh man, she is so adorable and sweet! Like Sarah said i wanted to pick her up and hug her! Hope she gets well soon! We love you guys! xoxoo Joy

Pamela said...

Eva is so cute!! My mom and I were looking at your blog today after Teri told us you had one I found it on FB!

I hope thet Eva feels better soon!!

Love
Pam & Anna Fenton

Pamela said...

ps
my mom wants you to know that you are making her jealious! She is ready for grandkids but Josh & I aren't!

Blog Background